Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pass Alongs, Postcards & Peeps! Oh My!

Our pass along cards arrived and we are very happy with them! The art work was donated by the great artist behind http://www.themodernpolkadot.com/. Go check out her stuff. You can tell she has quite the flair for life just by her designs, we’ve never met but I’m quite enamored with her. She has a swagger I enjoy. Watch the mail loved ones, you should be receiving some soon. We ask that you carry these with you. If the moment is right, share one. If you see a community board, pin one up. Grass roots marketing campaign folks! We also ordered some postcards! See I tend to throw away small cards, but postcards I hold on to forever, something about it being bigger makes me keep it for months and months. I still have Christmas cards on my fridge, it's a problem I know. I’m hoping I’m not the only one with this disease. They look like this:



I love the design on the front. This was also custom made for us. I’ve been overwhelmed by people’s generosity and kindness. Months ago when this was all beginning Josh and I were talking with N.Eve at church about our desire to design t-shirts and do a fundraiser. We chatted about few designs over giddy nursery children and she offered to help us. People, she is amazing! We threw out a ton of random ideas and she designed us this heartwarming image of hope that appeals to everyone. It has become a mantra in our life. I'd really love to get a canvas print made to hang in our home. (Check her out here http://www.etsy.com/shop/nevedobson)

Lastly, I love this time of year. Spring is in full gear! Spring in AZ means 80 -90 degree days, baseball, and our annual Peeps competition. We challenge family and friends to create something using Peeps as their art medium! It is always so fun to see what our tribe comes up with. My mom said she had a dream about what her Peep entry was supposed to be! Challenges are being thrown out right and left. I think it is going to be a hot competition this year! Want to play? Email your entry to us at josh2ellen@gmail.com by April 13th.


3 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Wow, that is so wonderful! I love your cards and postcards! Be sure to send me some!!

Andrew & Lisa said...

Ellen,
We missed you guys at doughnuts this year! Do you have a button for this blog that I can stick on my blog? We thing you guys are awesome!
Andy & Lisa Johnson

ps. send me some cards (via Jel)!

Ellen said...

Blog button up and activated! Thank you for spreading the word!