Monday, July 25, 2011

Eternal Timing

Josh and I have rumbled through some trials the last few weeks and it has caused me to be introspective. So I'm going to get a little preachy here as I write down my feelings. Excuse the sentimentality.

I am blessed with Goodly Parents. I would say that as I've aged and talked to others, I can look back on my childhood and say that though it wasn't perfect it was pretty ideal. I was raised with in a home where my parents enforced the idea that my best friends were my siblings and that family came first. We were taught to have faith, to love and to be continually learning. It was a home of love.

I am blessed to have siblings who I consider my best friends. Good job, Mom & Dad. I love them and would literally do a triple sou kou to be with them. Brothers who are valiant and kind and a sister who leads by example,teaches me grace and how to be the best of mothers. They are a blessing in my life.

I am blessed be married to Josh. He keeps me steady.

I am blessed with a testimony of eternal timing. I am not a patient soul. Sure I can stand in lines or sit in traffic, but I'm talking about eternal timing here. When it comes to eternal timing, I'm the lady who sits in the corner, stares at her watch, taps her toe and sighs.... a lot. It would be one of greatest faults, I don't have patience for things to come to pass. However, at this time in my life, I know I am on the right path as impatience has subsided and peace has come.

One of my "go to" phrases in this whole adoption process has been "Let go and Let God." I'm finding that phrase slowly crossing over into every aspect of my life. Yes, we are to prepare and work and do all that we can. And then.... well then I believe it is all up to eternal timing.

4 comments:

Staci Kramer said...

Inspiring. I think one of the important things about how you guys have dealt with your trials is that you are doing everything within your power and then letting go and letting God. So many people either sit around waiting for miracles without doing any work or else do all of the work and forget to trust God's will. I have seen you guys do everything that you can do to reach your goal and I have seen you trust in God and await His wise timing. "...for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do." 2 Nephi 25:23 Keep doing all you can do and then let go. You guys will be such awesome parents and you will be so much more able to teach your kids this principle of faith because of this experience and you will never take those kids for granted. They will now that they are a product of solid faith and diligent work.

Carolyn said...

You are awesome! Thanks for sharing. You inspire me.
Can you literally do a triple sou kou????

Ellen said...

Carolyn, the triple is in development. :)

Staci Kramer said...

I called it!